Welcome to Eurosla 25 Website
UMR 7309 Laboratoire Parole et Langage (Aix-Marseille Université and CNRS), in association with the Département de français langue étrangère (Pôle LLC, UFR ALLSHS, Aix-Marseille Université), is pleased to announce that it will host EUROSLA 25, the 25th Annual Conference of the European Second Language Association. The general theme of the Conference is « Second Language Acquisition : Implications for language sciences”. You are kindly invited to submit abstracts for papers, posters, thematic colloquia and doctoral workshop related to this theme or to any other domain and subdomain of second language research.
The Conference will start in the morning of 27 August 2015 and close at 12 a.m on 29 August 2015. Preceding the Conference, there will be a doctoral workshop and a Language Learningroundtable, both on 26 August 2015. The theme of this year’s roundtable is Second Language Acquisition and Pidginization / Creolization: Processes and Models
- Camilla BARDEL (Stockholm University)
- Sandra BENAZZO (Université Paris 8)
- Christine DIMROTH (Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster)
- Scott H. JARVIS (Ohio University)
- Gabriele PALLOTTI (Università degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia (UNIMORE))
- 1 February 2015: Early bird registration starts
- 27 February 2015: Abstract submission deadline
- 24 April 2015: Notification of acceptance
- 1 June 2015: Full fee registration starts
- 18 July 2015: End of registration
EUROSLA 25 will be a bilingual conference (English and French) ; presentations in one of these languages are particularly encouraged. However, following the Eurosla constitution, any other European language may also be used.
As in previous years, several student stipends will be available for doctoral students. If you wish to apply, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27 February 2015:
1. Name, institution, and address of institution;
2. Curriculum vitae (attached);
3. Official confirmation of a PhD student status;
4. Statement (email) from supervisor or head of Department that the applicant’s institution cannot (fully) cover the conference-related expenses.
Publication of papers
A selection of papers presented at EUROSLA 2015 will be published in the EUROSLA 25 or 26 Yearbook following a peer-review process. There is an annual prize for the best EUROSLA Yearbook article. This includes a framed certificate presented at the EUROSLA General Assembly, a fee waiver for the following EUROSLA conference and conference dinner, and free EUROSLA membership for a year.
Before submitting a proposal, please read the section "How to submit?" (left column)
Crédits photo: bannière M. Tellier / Page d'accueil: http://www.provence.guideweb.com/villes/aix-en-provence/
Find us on the Sociolinguistic Events Calendar: http://baal.org.uk/slxevents.html